If your doctor has approved your long-term medication on a repeat prescription basis you can order in a number of ways:
- In person - Write your request on any piece of paper including your name address and date of birth & the required items.
- By post - send it to us and remember to enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- Online - once you have registered follow the link at the top of this page.
Please note we are unable to accept requests for medication over the telephone.
Once your prescription is ready it will be sent electronically to your chosen pharmacy:
Please allow three full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic we are unable to offer appointments for medication reviews. Our doctors and nurses are telephoning patients to complete this years medication review. If you are having problems with your repeat medication and havent received a phone call yet please contact the surgery where we can arrange for a clinician to call you back.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.