Welcome To Trinity Surgery
27 January 2022 - Face Covering Review
Visiting our practice? Please continue to wear a face covering and social distance
NHS England have confirmed that despite the Government announcement that from 27 January 2022 face coverings will no longer be mandatory in public places, the UK Health Security Agency's infection prevention and control (IPC) guidance remains in place for all staff and patients in GP practices.
This means we still require patients to wear face coverings, to maintain social distancing and use hand sanitiser regularly. This is to ensure we keep patients and staff safe. Thank you for your co-operation.
North Cambs Hospital- Pathology Lab
North Cambs Hospotal Pathology operates an appointment only system.
Patients will need to telephone for an appointment on 01945 488059, between 8.15am – 4.15pm. There is only one telephone line at present, please be patient.
If you do have an appointment, please arrive 5 minutes before and please attend alone (unless additional care is needed).
My Planned Care
• My Planned Care Digital Platform offers the latest information and support for people waiting for a hospital appointment, operation or treatment. Patients are encouraged to look at this site before contacting your GP or hospital for an update about any elective procedures you are waiting for. www.myplannedcare.nhs.uk/
• My Planned Care Digital Platform offers the latest information and support for people waiting for a hospital appointment, operation or treatment. Updated weekly, it is easy-to-use and ‘open-access’ so your carer, relatives and NHS team can also access. www.myplannedcare.nhs.uk/
• Waiting to hear about hospital appointment or operation? Visit NHS My Planned Care online that provides up-to-date information on average wait time for appointments and operations for local hospitals, as well as helpful advice and support for patients whilst they wait. www.myplannedcare.nhs.uk/
Patient Helpdesk – update and notice of service closure.
The Patient Helpdesk has now closed. From April 2022, patients waiting to hear about hospital appointment or operation waiting times are encouraged to use the new NHS MY Planned Care Platform (https://www.myplannedcare.nhs.uk/) that is available online and will provide direct access to the latest average wait time for appointments and operations for local hospitals, as well as helpful advice and support for patients whilst they wait.
NHS My Planned Care is updated weekly, is easy-to-use and has ‘open access’ which enables carers, friends, relatives to also access information on someone else’s behalf.
Alternatively, patients who have already been in correspondence with hospitals regarding their planned care can also contact the relevant department or service. Details of which can be found on previous letters patients will have received or by contacting the hospital’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).
Patients are asked that they only call the GP practice if their condition has genuinely deteriorated, when you will be reviewed by one of the clinical team and appropriate action can be taken in regard to your care.
· 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone: 01223 216756
Peterborough City Hospital AND Stamford & Rutland Hospital
· 9am - 4pm, Monday to Friday
· Email: Nwangliaft.email@example.com
· Phone: 01733 673405
· 9am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
· Email: Hchfirstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone: 01480 428964
Royal Papworth Hospital
· 8.30 – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
· Email: email@example.com
· Tel: 01223 638896 or 01223 638963
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
· 9am - 5pm, Monday to Thursday
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone: 01553 613351 or 01553 613343
Try the NHS App
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to get health advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP health record and more.
If you already use SystmOnline you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp